Signs of Spring

Hubby and I like to eat lunch together on Wednesdays at Subway. So romantic, right? But the subs are good.



He is retired, and now works part-time in a nearby rural county, which gives me the chance to drive through such a beautiful area. 




Driving into the countryside yesterday, I noticed signs of spring along the way. A lot of daffodils are in full bloom. I love that spring is on its way, only five more days. Can't get here a minute too soon - not that I dislike winter, it has its plusses. I hibernate, sitting by the fire, sipping tea, and reading good books.




On the way back home I stopped at two thrift stores. I found nothing. Which has become the norm for me lately. I think it may be because uppermost in my mind is Uncle Sam with his hand out, waiting for our tax that's due. Ugh.



Speaking of thrift stores, have you ever shopped at a Goodwill Outlet? Totally different from the regular stores. Everything is 59 cents a pound, except shoes and purses. Maybe other things but these are what I know of. I buy only home decor, you have to dig through bins to find what you like. Not a bad idea to wear gloves. But oh so fun, the thrill of the hunt.


Have a great weekend.


Mary 




Comments